10 Ways to Be the Best Wedding Guest Ever
Want to be a stellar wedding guest? Of course, you do! We've got you covered with these 10 tips.
1. RSVP ASAP. The rest of the couple's planning, from ordering linens to ceremony seating, depends on the guest head count.
2. Send a gift. Most couples create a wedding registry, so all you have to do is choose something from their curated wish list—so half the work is already done for you!
3. Be on time. Only the to-be-weds are allowed to make a show stopping entrance at this event. Get to the ceremony location early and grab a seat.
4. Avoid wearing white. You may look absolutely fabulous, but it's the bride's special moment—not yours.
5. Keep negative comments to yourself. Even if you thought the vows were cheesy or the dress wasn't your style, there's no need to rain on anyone's parade.
6. Don't hog the bride and groom. Offer your congratulations and visit for a few minutes, but then give them a chance to speak with other guests.
7. Monitor your cocktails. With champagne around every corner and an open bar by the dance floor, it's hard to resist a celebratory cocktail (or four).
8. Make sure to mingle. Even if you're shy, or just picky about your company, try not to hide or flock only to the other guests you already know.
9. Be cool with your camera. The couple hired their photographer for a reason, so don't let your selfie ops get in the way.
10. Bad mood? Leave it at home. No matter what happens, keep smiling!